Thursday, June 26, 2008

"The dark side"

I've joked with a couple people about doing a section on our blog about "the dark side" a.k.a real life.  I know it seems like we're living this dream life, so I thought I'd put all your jealousy to rest.   Over the past few days we've all had a bit of a stomach bug.  So just try to picture this:  Peter is sitting in my lap, and all of a sudden he is throwing up all over me.  Now, those of you who know me, know that I then threw up.  So I now have even more vomit to clean up.  Well, David came by for something, Peter and I looking a little rough, Flint doing who knows what, and thanks to my non-existent gag reflex, I can't stop throwing up!  Anyway, we get over that, we put Flint to bed, and the poor thing has thrown up and his whole face and hair is covered in vomit.  I wish I had the presence of mind to take a picture, 'cause it was the saddest, funniest thing i've ever seen.  Well, then Luke, and then Barrett. 
So, I thought we were done, but no, Flint, again!  He's had a little trouble to put it nicely with the whole sleeping at night thing, trouble being that he just doesn't.  So, as he was sitting in bed with David and I at 11:30 watching Semi-Pro, which I wouldn't recommend, he throws up, in our bed!! yuck! I guess the up side is that the boys have had more baths in the past few days then they've had in a long time.   Turns out Flint has an upper respiratory infection. We took him to the dr. today and he started some meds.  I'm not real hopeful that i'll sleep tonight, but maybe some day.  
So there's the dark side.  I can't do this often as it may put me in the looney bin, but I thought some of you would enjoy it.  So i'll just leave you with the thought of what a camper smells like when multiple people have thrown up and then you spray lysol spray all over.  Not very pleasant is it???? I'm pleased to report that after having the windows open all day, the smell is gone, and it doesn't make me want to vomit every time I sit at the table.  Yeah! 
Sometimes I think God goes to extreme measures to keep me humble.  I mean, is so much vomit necessary?  At least I can look out the camper at the beauty that's surrounding us. 

1 comment:

Erynn said...

oh mary. vomit and lysol.....that takes me back to October and our basement! i'm so sorry! where's aunt ingrid when you need her?

hope you all get better real quick-like so you can enjoy your new place. love ya!